Website US Department of Defense (DoD)
The Department of Defense (DoD) is soliciting applications for the acquisition of equipment/instrumentation under the Fiscal Year 2022 Research and Education Program for HBCU/MI (Deadline: August 16, 2021).
The Research and Education Program for HBCUs/MIs aims to (a) enhance research and education programs and capabilities in scientific and engineering disciplines critical to the national security functions of DoD; (b) enhance the capacity of HBCUs/MIs to participate in DoD research programs and activities; and (c) increase the number of graduates, including underrepresented minorities, in fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). This program is executed under policy and guidance issued by the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (USD(R&E)) and is administered by ARO, ONR, and AFOSR.
An application may request DoD funding ranging in the aggregate from $100,000 to $600,000. An application that requests aggregate funding of less than $100,000 or more than $600,000 will be considered non-responsive and will not be accepted for review.
INTERNAL REVIEW PROCESS
UCI may submit no more than 3 applications in response to this call for proposals. Therefore interested applicants are asked to submit an internal proposal via UCI Review by 12:00pm PDT on Tuesday, June 15, 2021 to be considered for one of the 3 available application slots. The internal proposal should consist of the following:
- Project Narrative (max 2 pages) – which must clearly describe the requested equipment/instrumentation and explain how it will enhance UCI/s research/research-related education capabilities and the quality of UCI’s STEM programs (if applicable please describe how the requested equipment/instrumentation will interface with existing resources).
- Budget Overview (Up to 1 page): A basic budget outlining project costs is sufficient; detailed budgets are not required.
- List of departments/units that are expected to benefit from the acquisition of this equipment
- Biosketch of PI and CoPIs (3 page max each)
- Supporting documentation – such as vendor quotes (optional)
If necessary, an ad hoc committee will be convened to review the preliminary proposals. In the case of a review, the process will be completed as quickly as possible to allow the selected applicant enough time to complete their proposal by the sponsor deadline of August 16, 2021. Please refer to https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=333481 for more information about this program.
Questions about our internal campus review process may be directed to Mike Gallo in the Office of Research, at email@example.com.